The Graduate Of the Last Decade (G.O.L.D.) Award annually recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of recent graduates of Ball State University. These Alumni have already demonstrated their promise and potential for outstanding endeavors by quickly becoming involved in different aspects of life after college. This award is designed to include both traditional and nontraditional graduates. To nominate someone for the GOLD award, please complete our online nomination form or downloadable form to print and mail in.
View past award recipients
Nominations are accepted throughout the year and will remain in consideration for three years. To be considered for 2017, nomination forms should be received by Friday, March 31, 2017.
Supporting materials are required to be considered for the award. Suggested materials include resume/vitae, letter to the selection committee, 2 letters of recommendation, and no more than five pages of work samples, articles, publications, etc.The nominee will be contacted to submit additional information. Please limit submissions to no more than ten pages of information. Supplemental materials must be received by Friday, April 28, 2017.
- The nominee must have received his or her initial bachelor’s degree from Ball State University within ten years of January 1 of the year of recognition.
- The nominee should demonstrate success in his or her professional field.
- The nominee should demonstrate activity in two or more of the following areas: public service to community, non-profit organizations, educational organizations, professional organizations, the Ball State University Alumni Association, or Ball State University.
- The nominee must be an active member of the Ball State University Alumni Association. Active membership is attained by making an annual contribution to Ball State University through the Ball State University Foundation.
- This award should not replicate the BSUAA Benny Award or be perceived as a Junior BSUAA Distinguished Alumni Award.