The purpose of the Society shall be to promote the advancement of the educational, professional, and social interests of the members of the Natural Resources and Environmental Management Alumni Society, individually and collectively, by:
- Promoting and assisting the Ball State University Alumni Association in achieving its mission and goals.
- Creating a networking opportunity, both professionally and socially, for Natural Resources and Environmental Management (NREM) alumni.
- Developing a wider acquaintance with, and fellowship among, the members of the Society and the students and faculty of the Department of NREM.
- Providing a forum for the consideration of problems and issues pertaining to natural resources and environmental management and requests for services to the mutual benefit of the NREM faculty and members of the Society.
- Taking joint action, when and where appropriate, for the improvement of the status of the profession in the field and the professional offerings and services of the Department of NREM.
- Encouraging high standards for the Department of NREM and working for greater recognition of the importance of NREM in society.
- Serving as an auxiliary arm of the Department of NREM in:
- Providing input from the NREM community on what that community views as desirable in graduates and recommending courses and curricula that would achieve that goal.
- Being involved in the recruitment of students and funding for the Department of NREM.
- Serving as a sounding board and advisory panel for the chair/faculty of the Department of NREM when consulted.
If you would like to volunteer for NREM events or to share information for the Alumnus magazine, please fill out our online form.
Board of Directors
Denise Wright, '86, President
Bruce Oldham, '98, Vice President
James Davis, '93, Past President
Terry Coleman, '84, Alumni Council Representative
Amy Gregg, Department Chair
Juan Carlos Ramirez-Doronsorro, Faculty Representative
Jerry Hartley, '99, Associate Member
Don Van Meter, Associate Member
Nat Baker, '04
Megan Bolyard, ’06
John Bergman, '71
Kyle Johnson, '01
Timothy Johnson, '85
Emily Kress, '69 MAE '72
Jason LeMaster, '93
John Maher, '85
Amanda Smith, '98
Dean Smith, MA '79
Danesa Stolz, '97
Alumni Association Contacts
Carol Kosisko, Director of Alumni Engagement Collegiate Groups
Alanna Lewis, Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Internship & Career Fair
Spring NREM Student Awards Reception
- Award of Distinction
- Award of Achievement
- Award of Merit
2015 NREM Award Recipients
NREM Award of Achievement
Eric Dodd, '89
Kevin Turner, '97
NREM Award of Merit
Angela Garrison-Deakins, ’04
Melissa O’Lenick, ’07
Friend of NREM Award
Cheryl is the Curator for the Wheeler-Thanhauser Orchid Collection at Ball State University, where she has served for more than 20 years. LeBlanc was instrumental in securing funding that made the Rinard Orchid Greenhouse for environmental and tropical education a reality, as well as the creation and development of its docent program. She has led countless tours of classes through the facility, and provided walks and talks among the wildflowers and leaves. She employed the NREM students to assist with the move from the older facility to the new one, and the Natural Resources Club works with her each spring to conduct a fundraising event. She is an artist, naturalist, nature illustrator, nature photographer, and Wildland Firefighter, using prescribed fire as a management tool, and assists with the NREM classes who enroll in the Wildland Firefighter course. LeBlanc has donated artistic contributions to Cardinal Greenway, Red-Tail Conservancy, Robert Cooper Audubon, and the Indiana Audubon Society.
|2014 NREM Alumni Society Board of Directors
Back Row L-R: Tim Johnson, ’85; Juan Carlos Ramirez Dorronsoro, faculty representative; Amanda Smith, ’98; Emily Kress, ’69 MAE’72; Denise Wright, ’86, vice president; and Dean Smith, MA’79.
Front Row L-R: James Eflin, department chair; John Bergman, ’71; Nat Baker, ’04; James Davis, ’93; and Bruce Oldham, ’98
Not pictured: Terry Coleman,’84, Alumni Council Representative; Jerry Hartley, ’99, associate member; Kyle Johnson, ’01; Jason LeMaster,’93; John Maher, ’85; Danesa Stolz, ’97; Donald VanMeter, associate member; and Keegan Waggener, student representative.
Join us on