If someone becomes ill or is injured and requires immediate assistance:
1. Dial 911 or 765-285-1111. Provide detailed information on the location of the ill or injured person.
2. Unless trained, do not attempt to render any first aid before assistance arrives.
3. Do not attempt to move a person who has fallen and appears to be in pain.
4. Attempt to obtain the following information from the ill or injured person:
5. Remain at the scene after emergency personnel have arrived to provide information.
6. Planning for such emergencies includes being trained in emergency first-aid procedures and CPR.
If someone may have been poisoned:
1. Dial 800-222-1222 to reach the Poison Control Center. The center can also answer questions about poisons and poison prevention.
2. If the person has collapsed, is not breathing, or is having seizures, dial 911 or 765-285-1111.
Information about Pandemic Influenza and Other Illness Outbreaks
Copyright © 2016 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241