The nine members of the Ball State Board of Trustees are appointed by the governor of Indiana. The board's primary duties are to:
- Set the strategic direction of the university
- Ensure fiscal responsibility
- Provide oversight to university operations
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the university’s chief administrator
- borrow money, issue bonds, and let contracts
- prescribe conditions for admission
- grant degrees and issue diplomas or certificates
- define the duties of and provide compensation for faculty and staff of the university
- receive and administer all donations, bequests, grants, funds, and property that are given or provided to the university
The board is made up of two Ball State alumni, one full-time student, and six members appointed at large. Appointments are for four-year terms.
Upcoming Board Meetings
Friday, Dec. 16, 2016, 3:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 3, 2017 TBD
Friday, March 31, 2017 TBD
Friday, May 5, 2017 TBD
Friday, July 21, 2017 TBD
Board of Trustees Members
R. Wayne Estopinal
Hollis E. Hughes Jr.