You will be placed on academic probation if your cumulative grade point average (GPA) is less than a 2.0. You will be informed of your probationary status by our office.
If you are placed on academic probation, you may be required to:
- repeat courses
- enroll in no more than 12 credit hours
- take courses in reading and study skills
- attend academic progress meetings sponsored by our office
- attend workshops and seminars on academic success
- take advantage of one-on-one or group tutoring sessions offered through the Learning Center
- obtain advisor's approval to make schedule changes
- enroll in class sections that offer supplemental instruction
If you have been placed on academic probation, you should immediately schedule an appointment to meet with your academic advisor to discuss plans for improvement. We want you to succeed and urge you to take advantage of services and resources.
The Undergraduate Catalog outlines minimum grade requirements for all Ball State University students, including transfer students and students on academic probation.