Electronic Transcript FAQ
If you have general questions about ordering a transcript visit the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Help page.
I'm having trouble opening my transcript. What do I do?
Please make sure the following items have been addressed if you are having trouble opening your electronic transcript
- If you are using an Apple computer visit our "How To" page for opening electronic transcripts
- If you are using an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, try uninstalling it and installing the most recent version. A free download can be found at www.adobe.com.
- Make sure that your browser settings allow pop-ups from http://www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Please use the most recent version of Internet Explorer
- Please make sure that your computer allows the site http://www.studentclearinghouse.org as a “trusted site”
- Have both the "Transcript Link..." and "Transcript Password..." emails from the National Student Clearinghouse available
I would like a step-by-step guide to help me open my electronic transcript. Do you have one?
Sure, visit our page for PC's and Apple computers for more information.
How long is my electronic transcript accessible?
Electronic transcripts from Ball State University expire 30 days after being created, not 30 days after being opened. Please plan accordingly and print copies before the expiration date.
I would like to get an electronic copy of my transcript to attach to a job or scholarship application. Is that possible?
It's possible but not advisable. Since electronic transcripts are PDF files it is possible to attach them to online applications. We caution you in doing this because of the additional security (digital signature) and also because of the expiration date. We recommend you first check with the recipient before ordering an electronic transcript for job or scholarship applications to make sure it's safe to send. If you do attach an electronic transcript to an application make sure the recipient saves the username/password combination - it is required each time the transcript is accessed before it expires.
I ordered an electronic copy of my transcripts but the recipient never opened it. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately we cannot refund the cost of a transcript due to the recipient either not opening or not being able to open an electronic transcript. We recommend you first check with the recipient before ordering an electronic copy to make sure it's safe to send.
What do I do if the contents of my transcript are not correct?
Please call 765-285-1970 or email us if there is any question about the contents of your electronic transcript.