If you are working with human subjects (IRB) or animals (IACUC) you need to complete CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Institute) prior to submitting proposals. This training raises awareness about several issues you may need to consider during your research project.
CITI Training is a series of online modules, followed by brief quizzes after each section. You must receive a passing score (at least 80%) for each module quiz. You can always return to this "Select Curriculum" page at a later date and take additional courses. The web site for CITI Training is www.citiprogram.org.
For more help:
Working with Human Subjects?
Take either the Basic/Refresher Course for "Social and Behavioral" or the "Biomedical Research," depending upon which is applicable to your research.
- This is under Question 1 on the "Select Curriculum" page.
Working with Animals?
Take the "Working with the IACUC" course and any modules that apply to your research.
- This is under Question 2 on the "Select Curriculum" page.
Working with Infectious Agents or Recombinant DNA Molecules?
- Take the "Basic Biosafety Training" course and any modules that apply to your research.
- This is under Question 5 on the "Select Curriculum" page.
Planning to receive National Science Foundation funding for your research?
Take the "Responsible Conduct of Research" module.
- This is under Question 4 on the "Select Curriculum" page.
- This is an additional course that you should take along with the courses for either human subjects or animal research.