PROCEDURES FOR THE SCHEDULING OF ALCOHOL RELATED EVENTS
The L.A. Pittenger Student Center is designated as the standard venue for the service of alcohol on the Ball State University campus.
The service of alcohol at designated events has been approved by the President for the following locations only:
E.B. and Bertha C. Ball Center
John R. Emens Auditorium: Williams Lounge
Kitselman Conference Center
L.A. Pittenger Student Center
Museum of Art, Sculpture Court/lobby
Recital Hall, AR 217
Scheumann Stadium Suites
Sursa Hall: Lobby and Upper Balconies
Worthen Arena: Arena Lounge
and other locations specifically approved by the Director of Risk Management.
1. Off-campus and on-campus clients will go first to the office or administrator in charge of a particular venue to schedule the space.
a. No Alcohol Requested - If University Banquet and Catering Service (UBC) is to provide food and no alcohol service is requested, the office or administrator scheduling space will refer the client to UBC.
b. Alcohol Requested - If alcohol service is requested, the office or administrator in charge of the venue will request the client to complete the following forms:
· Alcohol Service Sponsor Agreement
· Indemnity Agreement
· Alcohol Request Form
2. The office or administrator in charge of the venue will then forward the appropriate forms to the Director of Risk Management for initial review and approval. The Director of Risk Management will be responsible for approving requests by both off-campus and on-campus clients to serve alcoholic beverages at all campus sites including the L.A. Pittenger Student Center.
a. The Director of Risk Management will notify the office or administrator in charge of the venue whether or not the event has been approved for the service of alcohol. The Director of Risk Management also will forward the appropriate forms to the Office of the President and the Director of University Budgets (On Campus Clients only).
b. The Office of the President (Executive Assistant to the President) will be responsible for notifying the President of the activities taking placed on campus.
3. If approved, the office or administrator in charge of the venue will then direct the client to UBC.
4. UBC will be responsible for having the following forms completed:
· Food Service Contract
· Alcohol and Bar Service Contract
UBC will be responsible for obtaining the catering permit from the State Alcoholic Beverage Commission for any event held at an alternative site on campus outside the L. A. Pittenger Student Center. If the demands for alcohol service on any given day exceed the capability of UBC to meet those demands, UBC reserves the right to subcontract the service for any event.
5. If denied by the Director of Risk Management, he or she will refer it back to the office or administrator in charge of the venue with an explanation of the reason for the denial. The office or administrator in charge of the venue will notify the client. The client may then resubmit if the reason for the denial is correctable.
The University will not accept any contracts to provide alcohol service to events sponsored or hosted by Ball State University student organizations or Ball State University student groups even though event participants are deemed to be over the age of 21.
Any exceptions to this procedure must be approved by the President. The mere approval of any event or location within this policy does not in any way prevent the President from denying approval for any specific event.
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241