Detecting Phishing Scams
Phishing scams remain one of the most convincing methods cyber criminals use against individuals to gather personal information, such as account and financial information, credit cards and other identity information. The following organizations and vendors provide online quizzes. Take your time and try testing your skills on detecting phishing scams.
- The Dell SonicWall Phishing IQ Test provides sample e-mails for you to review and decide if they are legimate or are phishing scams.
- PhishMe is a spear phishing simulator program that raises awareness on the strategies and sophisticated tactics utilized by cyber criminals. They offer a phishing game with Alex.
- MailFrontier is now SonicWall, but there still a short phishing IQ test is still available.
- PayPal has long been a target for phishing scams. They now offer a phishing challenge.
- Wombat Security Technologies is a leading provider of cyber security training and filtering solutions. Proceed to a free anti-phishing Phil online demo.