The Office of Admissions offers two assistantships each academic year. Graduate Assistants (GAs) will gain a thorough background in the admission profession through various practice-related responsibilities including:
- attend and fulfill specific assignments on the day of on-campus visit programs;
- conduct campus tours on an as-needed basis;
- assist with weekend office coverage;
- conduct information presentations for prospective students and families;
- perform application review;
- participate in at least three college fairs and three days of high school visits with full-time professional staff; and assist in the supervision of undergraduate tour guides and tele-counselors and undergraduate interns.
Through these and other responsibilities, GAs will be involved in virtually all admission functions. This assistantship requires daily interaction with prospective students, families, and guidance counselors, in both one-on-one and large group settings.