Sex Offense

If you have been a victim of sexual assault, you are strongly encouraged to report the incident to the police. To preserve physical evidence that may be needed for investigation and prosecution, you should not change clothes or otherwise cleanse yourself before going to a hospital.

If you are reluctant to contact the police initially, you should still seek treatment at a hospital to preserve evidence and address any health concerns.

We will provide whatever assistance you need in notifying the police. On-campus assaults should be reported to University Police. Off-campus incidents should be reported to either University Police or the Muncie Police Department at 765-747-4838. In all cases, emergency assistance can be reached by calling 911.

If you don’t want to prosecute the offender or even report the offense to the police, you can still file a report with our office, provided the offender is a student, and the university's disciplinary process may be initiated.

See Ball State's policy on sexual misconduct here: