The Miller College of Business is accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and was the first state-supported institution in Indiana to hold separate AACSB accreditation for the accounting program. Less than 5 percent of the world's business schools have earned AACSB accreditation.
Public Accounting Report’s 2015 survey of accounting
professors ranked our undergraduate accounting program seventh in the nation among those
of similar size and the master’s program, 15th.
- Our bachelor of science in economics program has been
accepted into the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute University
Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree
programs incorporate at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of
Knowledge and emphasize the CFA Institute’s code of ethics and standards
- Students may receive assistance in starting their own businesses through a business incubator program that fosters entrepreneurial activity in the community, particularly within the growing communications and information technology sectors.
Insurance and Risk Management
- In 2017, Ball State was one of only 20 universities worldwide to be designated a Global Center of Insurance Excellence by the International Insurance Society.
- The risk management, insurance, and actuarial science program is a collaborative effort between Miller College and the College of Sciences and Humanities that provides opportunities for research and interaction with industry.
- Students in computer information systems have built a powerful cluster computer and have used it to test complex software for the U.S. Department of Defense and to regularly work with area businesses.
- A state-of-the-art networking lab teaches students how to protect computer networks and other information systems from cyber-attacks. The lab features the latest equipment, providing a technologically advanced setting for students to manage all types of networks.
- Our H.H. Gregg Center for Professional Selling is one of only 24 full member schools with the University Sales
Center Alliance. The H.H. Gregg Center’s annual Sales Career Fair is one of the
largest of its kind in the country.
- The Sales Education Foundation has listed our sales program
among its “Top Universities for Professional Sales Education” since 2013.
Our master of
business administration (MBA) program was ranked 12th in U.S. News &
World Report’s 2017 “Best Online Programs.”
- The Princeton Review, in partnership with Entrepreneur magazine, included Ball State in its 2016 “Top 25 Online MBA Programs.”
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 “Best Online
Programs for Veterans” ranked our MBA program No. 14.
listed our MBA program on its “2015-2016 Top Recommended Online MBA Programs.”