As you will learn from our links and menus on this page, our university community has adopted a Statement on Sustainability, we are a signatory to the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) and the Talloires Declaration, and we are a charter school member of the Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS). We have integrated sustainability into our Unit-level Strategic Plans and are installing a 45-building Geothermal District Heating and Cooling System to reduce our Greenhouse Gas emissions.
We host biennial Greening of the Campus (GOC) Conferences and our Council on the Environment (COTE) is the longest-standing such committee among colleges and universities in Indiana. We offer a broad range of academic programs that engage sustainability, and we sponsor student groups such as the Ball State Energy Action Team (BEAT), Emerging Green Builders (EGB), the Natural Resources Club (NRC), and Students for Responsible Consumerism (SRC).
Finally, we encourage you to survey and/or use our new STARS reporting tool: Mapping Sustainability at BSU.
For further information, please contact:
BSU Council on the Environment
Telephone: 765.285.1135Fax: 765.285.5622Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presidential Voices Interview Series: Jo Ann M. Gora, Ball State University. AASHE's "Presidential Voices" interview series features conversations with heads of higher education institutions who are inspiring sustainability leaders.
- BSU received a Gold rating from the AASHE STARS program. Click here for the full press release.
- BSU receives the first (2012) Excellence in Integration Award from the International Sustainable Campus Network.
- Princeton Review Released its 2012 Guide to Green Colleges. The resource profiles 322 higher education institutions that demonstrate notable commitments to sustainability. Ball State University is profiled on page 36 of the guide.
- Be sure to check out the BSU Geothermal Dedication Ceremony video on the main Geothermal page.
- BSU Facilities Management and Planning received a Bronze recognition award in the Procurement category for the 2011 State Electronics Challenge (SEC). Click here to link to the SEC website for further information.
- BSU Housing and Residence Life received an "Outstanding Commitment to Sustainability Award" from The Great Lakes Association of Colleges and University Housing Officers. Click here for the full story.
- A campus visit by GSA Administrator Martha N. Johnson earned a mention of the BSU Geothermal System in both the White House Blog and the U.S. General Services Administration Blog.
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241