To promote and support scientific inquiry into the functions and interactions between natural and human-dominated ecosystems of east central Indiana and the Midwest in general.
The following objectives are defined to meet our research mission:
1. Provide a setting for biodiversity investigations and experimentation.
2. Create a database of flora and fauna present in east central Indiana.
3. Monitor anthropomorphic changes in human-dominated landscapes.
4. Investigate long-term effects of alternative management techniques, including but not limited to ecological restoration, for biodiversity and environmental qualities.
5. Conduct sustainability research on constructed environments and their surrounding landscapes.
6. Assess learning outcomes for experiential education in field settings.