The Human Performance Laboratory at Ball State University was established in 1965 by Leroy “Bud” Getchell who was joined by Dr. David Costill in 1966. Longtime HPL biochemist Bill Fink has chronicled the History of the HPL (PDF). The original lab space was a 20x30 ft room located off University (later known as Irving) Gymnasium (left; Ken Sparks, Craig Turner, with Dr. Costill). The lab became a stand-alone facility in the early 1970s (right) and moved into the current location in 1990 (see Facilities).
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241