To receive credit by exam for COMM 210, i.e. test out of the course, you must complete the COMM 210 Proficiency Examination, which is a series of three processes:
2. taking the written examination, and
3. giving the persuasive presentation.
Note: The written examination and persuasive presentation must be completed in the same semester.
The Application Process
The Written Examination
If you pass the Written Exam...
1. Pick up the Credit by Examination form from the Department of Communication Studies office.
2. Fill out the form and take it to the Bursar’s office (Lucina Hall, room 027) and pay the $50 testing fee. Examination fees are not refundable.
3. Next, return the form with proof of payment to the Department of Communication Studies office where you will be given the instructions for the persuasive presentation (speech).
If you need adaptations or accommodations because of a disability, if you have emergency medical information, or if you need special arrangements in case of an evacuation, please indicate below what accommodations you may need and provide the Department of Communication Studies with the appropriate documentation. Documentation may be obtained through the office of Disability Services.
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241