Clearance as a Guest Student

You can enroll in graduate courses as a guest student if you are not taking courses toward a graduate degree or licensure program.
Although you pay no application fee for this option, you do need to complete an online application form. You can request “special status,” which allows you to enroll in workshop courses for graduate credit.

You’ll need to have a baccalaureate degree and provide an official transcript to the Graduate School. Or you can request “transfer of credit status,” if you are actively pursuing a graduate degree at another regionally accredited institution and you want to earn credits to transfer to that institution.

Although generally you do not need to provide an official transcript for this option, you will need to have the dean of your graduate school complete the Ball State University Transfer of Credit Status Form showing that you are in good academic standing.

If you have been admitted to another graduate school but have not taken any courses, you’ll need to apply for nondegree status and not guest student status.
Graduate School
West Quad, Room 100
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306

Phone: 866-285-GRAD (toll-free)
or 765-285-1301
Fax: 765-285-1328
View E-mail Address