If you want to take courses but do not plan to obtain a degree, you are a nondegree-seeking student. There are two classifications of nondegree-seeking:

  • Licensure: You fall into this category if you want to take classes toward professional grade teaching (post-master’s), school services personnel and school administration and supervisory certificates, and endorsements added through completion of graduate credit.
  • Nonlicensure: Want to take a class just because you might like it? Or do you want to brush up on a certain skill or subject area? Whatever your reason, if you have a bachelor’s or an advanced degree, want to take a course or courses, and do not want to pursue another degree, you fall into this category.