Teacher Education Decision Point 2: Admission to Professional Education
Students seeking admission to Professional Education must notify Lucas Pint, Academic Advisor, when they have met all DP 2 requirements and wish to have their status reviewed. Ideally, students will seek admission to Professional Education in the spring semester of their sophomore year. The deadline for notifying the Advisor is the last day of classes each semester. Professional Education status review will take place after grades have posted each semester for those students who have indicated interest in admission to the program.
Passing DP 2 is required for admission to Professional Education and for admission into SS350 -- you must pass DP 2 requirements in each of your license areas.
General DP 2 Requirements
- Completion of required Education classes (EDMU 205 and EDPS 251) with minimum grade of C.
- Completion of COMM 210 minimum grade of C.
- Passing CASA score or minimum ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1100.
- Overall University GPA of at least 3.0 (in at least 45 hours). Minimum 2.50 GPA in major and in professional education courses.
Requirements in Specific Areas of Concentration
- Completion of ECON 201 and ECON 202 with at least a C+ in each
- Meet with Economics content area advisor to review progress.
- Completion of GEOG 150 and at least 1 other Geography course with at least a 2.50 GPA.
- Completion of HIST 151, 152, 201, and/or 202 (minimum of 3) with at least a 2.50 GPA. Three of these courses are required; we strongly recommend completion of the 4th before taking the Decision Point 2 exam.
- Completion of HIST 200 with a C or better.
- Attend the DP 2 history portfolio workshop.
- Satisfactory review of a student's electronic portfolio by faculty members in the Department of History.
History portfolio information.
- Completion of POLS 130 and at least 1 other Political Science course with at least a 2.50 GPA.
- Meet with Department Chair or representative to review progress.
- Completion of PSYS 100 and at least 1 other Psychology course with at least a 2.50 GPA.
- Meet with the Psychology content area advisor for a review of portfolio requirements.
Psychology portfolio information is coming soon.
- Completion of SOC 100 and at least 1 other Sociology course with at least a 2.50 GPA.