What if I’m in Departmental Honors?

Students working on departmental honors within their major are usually asked by their department to complete a senior thesis. Honors College students don’t need to do two theses—HONR 499 counts for both departmental honors and the Honors College senior thesis. If you are not in the Honors College you will sign up for a special "section" of HONR 499 and will submit your final thesis to your department, not to the Honors College.