- www.ams.org/careers/ Features a mathematical careers bulletin board, data on jobs and career planning information.
- http://www.maa.org/careers/ Gives career profiles of mathematics graduates holding jobs in universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical and software companies, and many other places.
- http://www.siam.org/careers/ Information on what applied mathematicians do, examples of industrial problems that mathematics can solve, information on the industrial work environment, tips for preparing for a job in industry, and career profiles.
- www.amstat.org/careers/ Recommended reading for students interested in careers in statistics.
- www.awm-math.org/career.html Articles and other resources for women considering careers in math.
- www.bls.gov/ The Bureau of Labor Statistics' outlook for mathematical careers; information on working conditions, job outlook, and earnings.
- www.beanactuary.com Recommended reading for students interested in careers in actuarial science.
Career Center: The Career Center (Lucina Hall, room 220) offers several services to undergraduates, including career and teacher fairs. For an overview, check out the Center’s Web site.
Cardinal Career Link is the Career Center’s premiere job-posting site for Ball State students and alumni. It can be accessed online at Cardinal Career Link. Cardinal Career Link lists thousands of employment opportunities, including all campus part-time jobs (possibly full-time during summer), many off-campus part-time jobs in the Muncie area, a variety of internship and fellowship programs, full-time professional jobs (including jobs for experienced alumni), and on-campus interviewing opportunities with employers visiting campus.
Thousands of jobs are posted at Web sites such as www.monster.com. Many other job-search pages exist, such as www.jobsfed.com, the Federal Jobs Digest (where government jobs are advertised).