Nursing Applicant Checklist
CURRENT BSU STUDENTS ARE CHARGED APPROXIMATELY $13.75 FOR EACH OFFICIAL BSU TRANSCRIPT
ORDERED ELECTRONICALLY. YOU ARE STILL WELCOME TO SUBMIT YOUR BSU OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
ELECTRONICALLY. HOWEVER, IN ORDER TO AVOID A FEE, YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO LUCINA
HALL, RETRIEVE A SEALED OFFICIAL BSU TRANSCRIPT, AND HAND-DELIVER TO CN 418 BY
5:00 PM ON THE LAST DAY OF THE APPLICATION PERIOD.
- Read the entire checklist BEFORE you complete the online application (see link at the bottom of the page).
- You MUST submit an online application during the first ten business days of the Spring or Fall semesters to apply to the School of Nursing. You will receive an email from Julie Rosenbaum after the online application closes, directing you to register for the NLN PAX test. This test includes science, math, and verbal sections, is taken on campus in Lucina Hall, costs approximately $84, and counts as 35% of your overall application score. (Overall GPA is 35%, NLN PAX test is 35%, & Pre-Nursing GPA is 30%). There is no minimum score requirement on the NLN PAX test. You can take the NLN PAX test one time during each application period. You are not required to purchase any NLN PAX test prep. However, if you choose to do so, use the following link to create an account and then purchase NLN PAX Prep: https://ondemand.questionmark.com/400030/ext/nlntesting/
- Science courses including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology must have been completed within the past seven (7) years. If Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and/or Microbiology course credit is more than 7 years old, the applicant for the nursing program will be required to retake or transfer current course credit.*
- You must be a current Ball State University student in order to apply to the School of Nursing
- You must use your BSU email address when corresponding with the School of Nursing; emails from personal email accounts will not receive a response.
- Degree in 3 and Second degree students apply only during the Spring semester (January) each year. If admitted, these students begin nursing courses the following Fall semester (August).
- You must provide to the School of Nursing a sealed official transcript directly from all universities/institutes you’ve attended each time that you apply (including BSU). Cumulative grade-point average (Cumulative GPA) based on all undergraduate coursework attempted, including ALL attempted undergraduate transfer and non-transfer hours. Credit for any dual-credit courses you took in High School must be provided in an official transcript from the university(s). DO NOT turn in High School official transcripts.
- It is your responsibility to ensure all official transcripts from all universities/institutes you've attended have been submitted to Admissions when you apply to Ball State University. Failure to do so is academic dishonesty. Verify your BSU official transcript contains all courses completed from all universities/institutions you've attended prior to applying to the School of Nursing. Do NOT turn in official transcripts that aren't current; do not turn in official transcripts prior to the first day of the application period.
- Electronic copies of official transcripts will be accepted ONLY from universities/institutes, not from individuals. These must be emailed directly to Julie Rosenbaum: email@example.com. Faxes of official transcripts will not be accepted. Electronic transcripts must be received by 5:00pm on the last day of the application period.
- Apply early in the application period. Official transcripts, Entry Disclosure forms, and case- closed court documentation MUST be post-marked by the last day of the application period. (Application period runs the first ten business days of the Fall and Spring semesters). Items received electronically after 5:00 pm or post-marked after this date will not be considered for the current application period. Entry Disclosure Forms are found here. If you have trouble printing, contact the SITC staff immediately to help you.
- If you applied to the School of Nursing last semester, were not admitted, and turned in case-closed court documents, you do not need to turn them in again. Send Julie Rosenbaum an email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify she has your documents in CN 418. PLEASE NOTE: If you are reapplying to the
School of Nursing you MUST complete online application and complete a new Entry Disclosure form as well as
resubmit ALL current official transcripts, including BSU, and turn into Julie Rosenbaum
in CN 418. If you are mailing, it must be postmarked or received electronically (by 5:00 pm) by the last day of the
- You must understand that you may be denied admission into the nursing program or become subject to disciplinary action subsequent to my admission if, either prior to admission or while a student in the program, you engage (or have engaged) in any of the following conduct, if the School of Nursing determines that such conduct has a direct bearing on my ability to obtain a nursing degree or practice as a registered nurse:
- Conduct that would violate any standard of professional practice applicable to registered nurses under Indiana law (currently, Indiana Code Section 25-1-9-4) or constitute unprofessional conduct under Indiana State Board of Nursing regulations (currently, 848 IAC 2-2-3)
- Conduct that would violate either the American Nurses Association Code for Nurses or the International Council of Nurses Code for Nurses
- Conduct that would violate the Ball State University Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities [Note: violations of the Code of Student Rights and Community Standards disciplinary procedures, and don't also result in School of Nursing disciplinary action, except for conduct that may have a bearing on whether a student is qualified to complete the nursing program or practice as a registered nurse.]
- Conduct that violates the criminal laws of the State of Indiana or that results in a felony or misdemeanor charge and/or conviction, or entry into a diversion program in any jurisdiction, except for minor violations of traffic laws or other infractions for which the maximum penalty is a fine.
- Failure to disclose in writing to the Director of the School of Nursing, or her/his designee, promptly following its occurrence, any act or conduct described in this paragraph
- Mail all official transcripts, Entry Disclosure forms, and case-closed court documents to:
Julie Rosenbaum, CN 418
Cooper Science Complex
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Case-closed court documents cannot be faxed or scanned. They must be hand-delivered or mailed to Julie Rosenbaum in CN 418. DO NOT submit case-closed court documents from Doxpop; documents must come directly from the court.
Case-closed court documents must state specifically what criminal charges were filed, that the case is closed/dismissed, and the date this occurred.
Students currently in a Diversion program are not permitted to apply to the School of Nursing.
NOTE: The application period is the first ten days of the Fall Semester for Spring admission and the first ten days of the Spring Semester for Summer and Fall Admission.