The primary mission of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Ball State University is to prepare outstanding speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
Supporting and secondary missions include:
- To provide an educational experience which assists students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver high-quality clinical services as well as stimulate the students' intellectual curiosity
- To provide high-quality diagnostic and therapeutic audiology and speech-language pathology services to residents of East Central Indiana and surrounding areas
- To provide continuing education and serve as a resource center for practicing speech-language pathologists and audiologists
- To contribute to the advancement of the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology through research, clinical practice, and professional development
- To provide information and education relative to speech, language and auditory problems to persons outside the field of speech-language pathology and audiology
- To contribute to the development of Ball State University and the state of Indiana