Joining a student organization is a great way to meet friends outside of class, learn more about social work, and just have fun. The Student Social Work Association is a student-run organization that allows you to meet friends and so much more.
Our purpose is to provide support and education to the community while fostering the development of student professional social work skills. We often have networking opportunities with professionals in the field. If you join, here are a few things you can expect:
- Monthly general meetings (food and fun)
- Interesting service projects including an annual lobby day event in Indianapolis
- Presentations from Ball State alumni who are now social workers in the field
- Information about life after Ball State, including graduate school
- Mentoring from other Ball State social work students (Information from people who have been there, done that, and have a social work T- shirt or tote bag!)
Membership is just $5 a year, which will give you all the benefits described and more. If you are interested, contact a student member or, Glenn Stone, Faculty Advisor. To keep up to date with what we are doing, check out our blog.