TheIndiana Child Services Education Program was created in an effort to increase the number of social work graduates employed within the Indiana Department of Child Service, Protective Services Unit. Senior social work majors participating in this program take select child welfare courses, complete an internship within the Department of Child Services, and then move directly into a full time position upon graduation.
Students receive full tuition, fees, and a $2,000 stipend each semester of their senior year.
To be considered for the Indiana Child Services Education Program, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a full-time, undergraduate student majoring in social work.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 and a social work GPA of 3.0.
- Have a minimum of two semesters remaining prior to graduation.
- Be committed to working in child protective services.
- Authorize the Department of Child Services to conduct a criminal background check, which reveals no criminal history.
- Sign a contract with the Department of Child Services to commit to working for the Department for 24 months upon graduation.
If interested, print out this PDF of the application, or this Word file of the application, fill it out, and submit to the Social Work department. Also attached are extra copies of the reference form for your convenience.