Teachers College is committed to excellence in Birth –12 and adult/higher education through its student centered and community-engaged preparation of outstanding professional educators and human service providers, supporting their induction and continuing education, promoting research and development, and influencing policy that enables high-quality educational outcomes. Teachers College aspires to transform entrepreneurial learners into educational leaders who are sensitive and responsive to diversity and the contextual foundations of teaching, learning, and human development.
We are committed to the development and provision of
- outstanding programs for the preparation of professional educators and human service providers,
- an institutional system of performance assessment for professional educators,
- significant and meaningful experimentation and innovation,
- exemplary demonstration and research opportunities for P-12 education professionals,
- outstanding models for professional development schools and collaborative school renewal efforts,
- high-quality programs and services for exceptional learners and individuals with special needs,
- an array of educational and human resource services aimed at improving the quality of life for citizens,
- strategies for effective and appropriate uses of technology,
- meaningful international and multicultural experiences and opportunities, and
- an outstanding and diverse faculty of teacher-scholars.
The professional education programs are guided by a Conceptual Framework for Professional Education.