Submit to the Graduate School:
- A letter of application for admission to the Graduate School.
- Two copies of official transcripts of all higher learning with degrees awarded
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Exam
- Submit to the Director of Graduate Programs, Dr. Linda Martin.
- A written essay of purpose with respect to a specific doctoral program and specialty and including autobiographical information
- A statement of philosophy of education
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals listed on the graduate application.
- Recent resume, i.e. Teaching and other professional activities
When all application materials have been received, a meeting with the candidate and the Department's Advanced Graduate Studies Committee will be scheduled.
Both teaching and research assistantships are available for qualified candidates. These assistantships include tuition remission and a stipend. In return, students assist faculty with teaching assignments and/or assist in faculty research.