The Meeks Scholarship was established in June 1993 by the family and friends of David M. Meeks.
Realizing that student teaching experiences can present a financial hardship to students, this scholarship is designated especially for the student teaching year.
- Two awards
- Amount varies, for the 2002-2003 school year the awards were $2,190 each
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher (at application time)
- Achieve senior status by start of fall semester of the award year
- Be a full-time student both fall and spring semesters
- Be enrolled in special education student teaching either fall or spring semester
- Major in any area of special education
- Express a financial need