Ball State's Teachers College has one of the most well-respected teacher education programs in the nation. You'll find the best of both tradition and innovation.
Teachers College is a leader in using technology in the classroom. All education students are required to purchase Apple laptops and develop digital portfolios to track their development as teachers. Students also use the computers extensively in their course work.
Teachers College is a place where
- teaching excellence is prized
- applied research that enhances best practice and improves quality of life for others is emphasized
- service to communities and to the profession is valued
The teacher education programs at Ball State are accredited by:
- the Indiana Teacher Training and Licensing Commission
- the Higher Learning Commission
- the National Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (NCATE)