The Office of Teacher Education Services and Clinical Practice serves as a liaison between Ball State students obtaining an educational license and the
Office of Educator Effectiveness and Licensing (OEEL)
, the state licensing agency in Indiana. Under the Licensure Framework of OEEL, the teaching license will reflect the standards for which the candidate has demonstrated competency through the completion of a degree program. The license will state the content area(s) and the grade coverage in which the candidate is licensed to teach.
Licensing provides the following services to students, former students, alumni, and the education community:
- Advising for graduate students working on license programs
- Evaluation of license requirements for bachelor and higher degree holders (Click here for more information on License Evaluations)
- Information on Indiana license rules
- Interpretation of license coverage
- License application processing (Indiana and out-of-state)
- License examination information and recording of scores
- For licensure in Indiana all teachers are required to take the Pearson Content Test and the CASA Test.
- For more testing requirement information click here.
- Verification of license eligibility and program completion
Individuals who already have an undergraduate degree and are applying to the University to pursue license renewals, license additions, or new licensing programs, should apply for admission to the Graduate School, Ball State University. The application process can be completed online. (Application fee payment by use of a debit card instead of credit card takes 4-7 days to clear.) This process must be completed before a student will be cleared to register for classes. Information regarding online and off campus course offerings are coordinated through The Division of Online and Distance Education.
Students from Other States
If you live in a state other than Indiana, this information regarding state regulatory authorizations for distance programs might impact whether you can take courses from Ball State.