Troubleshooting Off-Campus Connection Problems
Generally, access to databases and electronic journals is limited to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff.
If you are currently a Ball State student or faculty/staff member, you'll need to enter your Ball State username and password when prompted to access databases and journals from off-campus.
If you don't currently have a Ball State username and password, and you are a student/faculty member, please contact the HelpDesk for assistance.
UCS offers pasword recovery options if you have forgotten your password.
If you need further assistance, please use our Ask a Librarian service, or call the library at 765-285-1101.
Problems with specific databases/journals
If you log in successfully, but have trouble with specific databases and journals, please try the following solutions:
- Clear your browser's cache; this solves most problems for users.
- If you are using Opera, please use a different browser. The Opera browser is incompatible with the program used to log users into the databases.
- If you are using your provider's browser (e.g., AOL's), please try again using a different browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, or SeaMonkey.
- If you are using the NetZero HiSpeed service, try disabling the HiSpeed service; right click the HiSpeed icon in the lower right-hand system tray (usually at the very bottom of the screen on the right-hand side, next to the time), and select “Disconnect.”
- If none of these strategies resolve the problem, please use our Ask a Librarian service, or call the library at 765-285-1101.