Color Printing FAQ
How do I print in color?
- Open the “File” menu; select "Print."
- Use the drop-down box to select a printer (near the top):
- COLOR_PRINT_1EAST (Current Periodicals side) or COLOR_PRINT_1WEST (Reference desk side)
- Click "OK" or "Print," depending on which program you're using.
- Type an identifying name for the print job; click “OK.”
- Go to the color printer you chose and pre-pay 25¢ per page (copy card or cash).
- Touch the "Mailbox" tab on the printer display.
- Touch the first box (BSU) and then touch your print job from list.
- Touch the “Print” button and then touch "Start Print."
Which stations can I print to the color printer from?
- From any of the Libraries PCs.
- Not available from the Libraries' Mac computers.
Where are the color printers?
How much does it cost?
- 25 cents a page. A page printed front and back costs 50 cents.
Is color printing part of the print allocation?
- Due to cost issues, color printing is not included in the print allocation.
Why do I need to give my document a file name?
- The color printer needs a file name since it isn’t part of the black/white printer system.
How do I find my job once I put in money / copy card?
- Touch the "Mailbox" tab on the printer display, touch the first box (BSU) and then touch your print job from list.
How long does my job stay on the color printer? Can I cancel it?
- They are available for 2 hours. They cannot be cancelled.
Can I use my own paper in the color printer?
- Only matte paper can be used
- No slick paper, transparency paper, or cardstock