I, __________________________, accept the appointment as Multicultural Advisor in the residence halls of Ball State University for the 2014-2015 academic year, and I agree and understand that this acceptance is subject to the following conditions:
1. This agreement is for the 2014-2015 academic year only. Employment as a Multicultural Advisor is contingent upon the approval of the hall directors who serve as my supervisors and the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and reapplication is necessary for each subsequent year of employment.
2. I, as the Multicultural Advisor, or the Office of Housing and Residence Life or its designees (the MA supervisors), upon written notice, may terminate this agreement at any time during the period of employment. Should termination occur, I understand that I am financially responsible for the remaining portion of the residence hall housing contract and that I may be reassigned to another residence hall. If I decide to move off-campus, I understand that I am still responsible for the remaining portion of the residence hall housing contract as stated in the cancellation clause.
3. A Multicultural Advisor will be remunerated full credit towards room and board. This credit will be pro-rated in the event an MA vacates the position during the period of employment. A Multicultural Advisor will receive the 21 Plus meal plan. In the event the Multicultural Advisor spends all available debit dollars, no additional funds will be provided by the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
4. A Multicultural Advisor must have prior written approval from their supervisors and the Office of Housing and Residence Life to participate in any outside organizations, committee work, student government, fraternities or sororities (including pledging), other extra-curricular activities or additional on-campus employment. If it is determined that additional employment or extra-curricular activities are interfering with my ability to complete my job responsibilities, I understand that I may be asked to limit or discontinue my involvement with the activity or activities.
5. A Multicultural Advisor is expected to complete the EDHI 200 course. If EDHI 200 has not been completed prior to employment, it must be completed during the first semester of employment.
6. A Multicultural Advisor must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above during the period of employment. A Multicultural Advisor whose accumulative GPA falls below 2.5, or whose semester GPA falls below 2.0, will be terminated. There will be a review of any MA whose semester GPA falls below 2.0.
7. A Multicultural Advisor is expected to meet all of the written and verbal expectations from their supervisors. Failure to do so may result in termination.
8. A Multicultural Advisor will participate in a weekend pre-employment training in the spring semester, spring and/or summer training, fall training, and mid-academic year training. A MA will attend all required special events and meetings.
9. A Multicultural Advisor is expected to be a positive role model through personal example. As an employee of the Office of Housing and Residence Life, an MA may be subject to higher standards than a person in the general student population. These standards include conduct that is consistent with university and residence hall policies.
10. A Multicultural Advisor is expected to respect the dignity of all individuals and refrain from language or behavior which would be incongruent with that respect.
11. In accepting this contract, a Multicultural Advisor's commitment, loyalty, and fulfillment of expectation must be to Ball State University, the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241