Botsford/Swinford, newly renovated and seeking LEED certification, will open for Fall 2015. It features rectangular rooms, stackable furniture, central air conditioning, a new computer/media lab, a demonstration kitchen, meeting/presentation space, a fitness room, advanced laundry facility, music practice room and lounge space. Botsford/Swinford will house the Emerging Media and Communications Living-Learning Communities.
Included in each room are beds, dressers, desks with chairs, and built-in closet space. One wired Ethernet outlet is available in student rooms, and wireless Internet service is available throughout the building. A phone jack also is in each room.
Although this complex does not feature an eat-in food service, the nearby LaFollette Square and The Atrium offer a variety of dining choices.
This complex, which housed students enrolled in the Honors College until spring 2009, was named for two professors who were involved with Ball State during its early history.
Frances R. Botsford was an associate professor emeritus of business education who taught at Ball State from 1930 to 1952. She was one of the first four business professors at Ball State. After her retirement, she taught business education at the University of Southern California and California State College.
Basil M. Swinford was an associate professor at Ball State from 1926 to 1962. He also was one of the first business professors. For many years, Swinford was the business advisor to The Ball State Daily News.
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241