Dean's Policy on Parental Notification for Alcohol and Other Drug Violations - Residence Hall Policy
The Office of the Dean of Students will notify parents/guardians of students under 21 years of age when a student is found responsible for (1) violations of the drug policy, (2) a second violation of the alcohol policy, and (3) on the first violation of the alcohol policy when one or more of the following occurs:
1. The student demonstrates a reckless disregard for his or her personal safety or the safety of others;
2. Medical attention to any person, including the student, is required as a result of the student's alcohol related behavior;
3. There is property damage;
4. The student operates a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol;
5. The incident involves another serious violation.
6. The student's alcohol-related behavior negatively impacts the learning environment.
Review this policy.