Door-to-door voter registration is permitted in the residence halls and University Apartment community at Ball State University under the following conditions:
- Voter registration, polling, and applying for absentee ballots are permitted in the residence halls and University Apartment community. Learn more about student voting here.
- Door-to-door campaigning is not permitted in accordance with the university solicitation policy.
- Deputy student registrars and deputy party registrars are permitted to register voters.
- Deputy registrars will carry credentials from the election board and possess a picture identification card.
- Registration can occur between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., any day of the week, including weekends.
- Groups involved in the registration process will contact the residence hall director of each residence hall or the University Apartment Office at least 48 hours prior to registration. A list of registrars and day and time of registration must be provided.
- Registrars will check in and out of the residence hall front desk or University Apartment Office and will show credentials at the time of check in.
- The last day for voter registration in the State of Indiana is October 6, 2014.
For more information, please contact the associate director of Housing and Residence Life at Ball State University, LaFollette Complex, room N-13, (765) 285-1863.