Here are some of Ball State's precautions to ensure a safe and secure environment:
- Each residence hall is protected by an ID card reader that unlocks the door for residents of the building to enter.
- Exterior doors are locked at night, and doors leading to living areas are locked 24 hours a day.
- Residents must accompany visitors at all times.
- University Police officers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 765-285-1111.
- Emergency phones are provided throughout campus.
- The Motorist Assist Program is free for students and employees.
- Charlie's Charter offers free rides within the Ball State campus 6 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. Call 765-760-RIDE or 765-285-5005.
Here are some tips for you to stay safe and keep your belongings secure in the residence halls:
- Lock your door and take your key every time you leave your room.
- Let a staff member know of any suspicious people or vandals.
- Do not let strangers into your room or into the building.
- Do not prop open doors.
- Know the telephone numbers for your resident assistant (RA) and hall director.
For more tips on campus safety, visit the University Police Web site.