Early Start Program
Experience a college course with Early Start - a four-day, 1 credit hour seminar of your choice. Sponsored by University College, these dynamic seminars enable you to interact with other incoming freshmen as you explore various topics under the direction of our expert faculty.
To participate in this program, complete the online registration form and either pay online or mail your payment to the Office of Student Life, SC 133. Once you register and your payment is received, more information will follow. Payment and registration must be submitted by July 31, 2015. Direct questions to Laura Pittman in Academic Advising, 765-285-1185.
Program Fee (includes meals, lodging, materials, evening activities): $135.00
Program Dates: August 16-19, 2015 (Please note that three other Summer Bridge Programs - Accelerate, Cardinal Connections, and Cardinal Leadership and Service Seminar - take place during the same dates as Early Start, so if you are registering for Early Start., you cannot register as a participant for Accelerate, Cardinal Connections, or C.L.A.S.S. Also, if you are participating in marching band, then you cannot register for Early Start since marching band practice interferes with the program.)
Maximum Participation: 200 students
Registration for Early Start is now closed. All participants spots have been filled.
Seminar Options for Summer 2015 - Seminar descriptions:
- Bridge the GAPS: Group Activities to Promote Success - Seminar is now FULL
- Clueless? We Can Help: A Workshop for Undecided Students
- College Prep 101: How to Plan and Prepare for the First Year - Seminar is now FULL
- Designing a Multimedia-Packed Personal Website
A Sexual Assault Protection Program
- How to Get What You Want: Achieving Your Life Goals
- Joy in Teaching: Capturing Children's Imaginations Through Books
- The New Beginning
- Sex & Gender in the Media
- Television News - Seminar is now FULL
- P.O.W.E.R. into Math III (invitation only) - Seminar is now FULL