Experience a college course with Early Start - a four-day, 1 credit hour seminar of your choice. Sponsored by University College, these dynamic seminars enable you to interact with other incoming freshmen as you explore various topics under the direction of our expert faculty.
To participate, complete the registration form below and either pay online or contact the Office of Student Life about other payment options. You will receive additional information once your registration and payment have been received. Direct questions to Laura Pittman in Academic Advising, 765-285-1185.
Program Fee (includes meals, lodging, materials, evening activities): $135.00 for 2018
Program Dates: Dates have not yet been selected. (Please note that three other Summer Bridge Programs - Accelerate, Cardinal Connections, and Cardinal Leadership and Service Seminar - take place during the same dates as Early Start, so if you are registering for Early Start., you cannot register as a participant for Accelerate, Cardinal Connections, or C.L.A.S.S. Also, if you are participating in marching band, then you cannot register for Early Start since marching band practice interferes with the program.)
Maximum Participation: 200 students
Registration: Registration for the Early Start Program of Summer 2018 will be open in May 2018.
Itinerary for Summer 2018
Workshop Options for August 2018:
- Becoming a Master Student
- Clueless? A Workshop for Students Looking for a Major
- College Prep 101: How to Plan and Prepare for the First Year
- Criminal Justice in the News
A Sexual Assault Protection Program
- How to Be a Better Ally and Advocate
- Journalism Jumpstart
- POWER into Math
- Start Strong
- Teach Me How To College
- Television News
- The United States of Spanish
- Using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to Create Fun and Innovative Designs
- What Do You See? An Introduction to Elements of Visual Design