- 2017 is the third year in a row that The Daily Meal has included Ball State in its “Best Colleges for Food in America.”
- Chowhound included Ball State on “17 Colleges with the Best Food” in 2017.
Technology, Facilities, and Resources
The Ball State Career Center received a 2017 Career Services Excellence Award from the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Campus Technology
honored Ball State with two Innovator Awards in 2015. The Achievements
app was recognized in the student systems and services category while The
Traveler was honored in the education futurist category. The Traveler also was
named the large organization winner in the PACT Wayfinding App Challenge.
- The Helen B. and Martin D. Schwartz Special Collections and Digital Complex at Bracken Library features cutting-edge technology. The complex houses digital learning pods with high-powered computers, the digital archives viewing room, and the digital newsstand, enabled to receive television broadcasts from around the world, including networks from Saudi Arabia, China, India, and Korea.
- Bracken Library, located in the heart of campus, has access to about 2.3 million books, periodicals, microforms, audiovisual materials, software, government publication maps, musical scores, archival records, and other information sources. Staffed with professional librarians, the library also offers wireless connectivity.
Ball State’s honors for providing a healthy workplace include:
- 2016 Fit-Friendly Worksite Gold Award from the American Heart Association (fifth consecutive year)
- Health Champion designation in 2016 from the American Diabetes Association
- Five Star AchieveWell recognition from the Wellness Council of Indiana
Facilities and Resources
Service and Achievement
- Ball State has been named six times since 2009 to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Ball State’s chapter of Mortar Board National College Senior Honor Society received a Silver Torch Award in 2016, the fifth year in a row.