1. Obtain Approval to Travel
Travelers must have an approved, itemized Travel Authorization (TA) prior to booking travel or actually traveling:
1. The Authorization is entered by the traveler's delegate in the Banner Travel and Expense Management module. The Authorization includes:
- Dates and locations of travel
- All estimated, itemized expenses for the trip. The estimated expenses should include items which are to be booked in Egencia, the University's dedicated online booking tool, if applicable:
- If the University travel card is to be used for Egencia expenses, the types of Egencia travel and amounts should be listed on the 'Non-Reimbursable' tab of the Authorization, while 'Authorization Only' should be entered on the 'Reimbursable' tab so the correct FOAPAL for Egencia expenses is charged
- If using a personal card, the types of travel and authorized amounts should be listed on the 'Reimbursable' tab of the Authorization
2. The Authorization is approved by the traveler and then other approvers, with the Travel Department as the final approver.
2. Book Travel
Once the Authorization is fully-approved, the traveler, or the traveler's arranger (dependent on departmental policy), can access Egencia to book the traveler's hotel, air, car, or rail, up to the authorized limits listed on the Authorization. For detailed information regarding using the Banner Travel and Expense Management module with Egencia, click here.
3. Be Reimbursed for Remaining Travel Expenses
Once travel has occurred or has been prepaid, the Travel Expense Report (TR) can be completed to reimburse the traveler for any travel-related expenses, so long as the expenses are compliant with University Travel Policy.
1. The Expense Report is entered by the traveler's delegate in the Travel and Expense Management module and includes all itemized expenses to be reimbursed.
2. The Expense Report is approved by the traveler and then other approvers, with the Travel Department as the final approver.
Any travel-related query should be directed to email@example.com or by calling 765-285-1327.
If you are assigned with the responsibility of completing Travel for those in your department, and you would like training for the Banner Travel and Expense Management module, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 765-285-1327.
For information regarding the requisitioning of a University vehicle, please visit the Transportation Services website.
For information regarding risk management, please visit the Office of Risk Management website.