View the Talent Search Photo Gallery Below
The Annual Student Scholarship Talent Search, which began in 1967, is a fabulous opportunity to showcase some of Ball State’s finest talent for the university and community. Also, new this year, Royalty Coronation will take place at the end of the show.
- Date: Tuesday, October 17
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Emens Auditorium
Admission is free thanks to the Student Government Association.
33rd Annual Student Scholarship Talent Search Winners:
- Female Vocal Winner: Paige Matteson
- Male Vocal Winner: Joshua Goodrum-Green
- Musical Ensemble Winner: Terica Anthony & Michael Hassel
- Instrumental Winner: Elizabeth Golliher
- Original Composition Winner: Terica Anthony & JT Butler
- Freestyle Winner: Elise McQueen, Grace LaVier & Eric Hinojosa (BSU Jump Ropers)
- Overall Winner: Paige Matteson
Each category winner will receive a $500 scholarship. The overall winner will receive an additional $500 scholarship. Scholarships will be applied to Spring 2018 semester tuition. All scholarship awards are provided by the Ball State University Alumni Association.
Download Entry Form (DOC)
|Sep. 28 ||
Entry forms due by 4 p.m. at the Alumni Association/Homecoming Office.
Sign up for an audition time. Get your forms in early to ensure a time slot.
|Oct. 3-4 ||
Auditions, 5:30-8 p.m., Alumni Center Assembly Hall
Mandatory Talent Search finalists meeting, 5 p.m., Alumni Center Conference Room 1
Tech Rehearsal, 4 p.m., Emens Auditorium
Talent Search, arrive by 6:15 p.m., show at 7:30 p.m., Emens Auditorium
Student Scholarship Talent Search Rules and Regulations:
- Participants may compete only once in each category.
- Each group entry is limited to 10 participants.
- The year’s overall winner may not compete.
- There is no entry fee.
- Each performance must be 2 to 4 minutes in length (deductions will be made for performances outside of this range).
This event would not be a success without the participation of our talented Ball State students and funding from the Ball State Alumni Association and Student Government Association. Thank you!
For additional information, contact the Homecoming Office, (765) 285-1083 or via email.