Robert E. Linson ('47 MA '48) served Ball State University as a dedicated employee for 32 years, including 25 years as executive director of the Ball State University Alumni Association. Currently vice president emeritus for university relations, he continues to maintain strong support for, and interest in, many areas of the University.
The Robert E. Linson Award is established to promote student involvement in alumni activities. Through the award, it is intended that recognition and financial assistance be provided to Ball State students who contribute their time, energy, and talents to student-alumni related programs at the university. The current award is $1,500. If funding allows, more than one award may be presented at the discretion of the selection committee.
2011 Award Recipient
Robert Linson, ’47MA48, recipient Brittney Williams, and Alumni Council Chairman Terry Coleman, ’84.
1. To be awarded annually to one or more Ball State University students who have devoted their time and energy as outstanding participants in student-alumni related activities. Recipients must be entering at least their second year of undergraduate study at Ball State University during the autumn semester following their selection as a Robert E. Linson Award recipient.
2. The Robert E. Linson Award shall be awarded to a student(s) regardless of sex, race, national origin, ethnic background, or financial status of the student(s) and/or the student's parents.
3. The decisions of the Alumni Council Selection Committee shall be final. If, in the best judgment of the committee, no suitable recipient exists, no award need be made.
4. To be considered for the award, an interested student must submit a written application which will be used by the Selection Committee when candidates for the award are evaluated.
5. The name(s) of the recipient(s) and the amount(s) of the award(s) will be forwarded to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid shall in turn notify the recipient(s) and all appropriate offices.
6. No cash awards will be made directly to a student. The award will be credited to the student's tuition and fees through the University system.
Applications are due the Friday before spring commencement.
Recipients of the Robert E. Linson Award
Allison N. Stepp
Sally A. Prosen
Ebony B. Strong
D. Ebonee Cooper
Lori A. Pfister
Christopher A. Brown
Ryan D. Hoover
Heather D. Yost
Amy S. Woods
Stephanie A. Chittick
Danielle N. Zangrilli
Douglas S. Beddome
Jeffrey D. Crouch
Myles B. Ogea
Susan M. Slocum
Troy M. Roahrig
Kelly A. Davis
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241