1. What is Primacy of Place?
Primacy of Place represents a community’s strategic choice to dedicate its resources toward the improvement of life experiences for residents, businesses, and visitors.
2. What is placemaking?
Placemaking is the act of supporting Primacy of Place through creating a community culture that nurtures wellness, happiness, and prosperity, and puts human interests at the center of community economic development.
3. What are the categories for community project submissions to the Primacy of Place Community Awards Program?
There are no specific awards categories. Building Better Communities is striving to encourage the idea that nearly all disciplines can be beneficial to economic and community development. If your program has enhanced the quality of life of your community, chances are very good that it is eligible.
4. Who is eligible for an award?
The Primacy of Place™ Community Awards Program was designed to recognize Indiana cities and towns successfully dedicating their community resources toward the improvement of the life experienced by their residents, businesses, and visitors.
5. How will the winners be determined?
A group of professionals from Ball State and state economic development organizations will use a qualitative process to determine the community winners.
6. Will you let us know even if we don't win?
Yes, you will be notified as soon as possible after final decisions have been made.
7. When is my application due?
Applications are due by May 24, 2013.
8. When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced by July 24, 2013.
9. What does my community get if it wins?
Prizes will include:
10. I don't want to fill out the online application/I'd like to mail in my application - is that OK?
Yes, you may; please email email@example.com to request a printable application form and send it back along with any hard materials to the following address:
ATTN: Heather KemperBuilding Better CommunitiesBall State University - Carmichael Hall Room 104Muncie, IN 47306
11. I have a question about the awards that wasn't answered here; whom should I contact?
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 765-285-2773. We will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241