an increasingly competitive marketplace, it’s harder than ever to impress employers. In this environment, it's important
to differentiate yourself from other applicants during the internship or job search.
Certifications intrinsically provide the link between where
you are and where you want to go, as they can increase credibility, build skills, and connect you with unique opportunities.
- Enhances career and promotion opportunities
- Recognizes growth, professional development, and
- Increases recognition by peers, employers, and
- Sets you apart as an expert and leader in your
- Identifies those who have knowledge and experience to move into a leadership position
- Differentiates candidates for hiring purposes
- Shows interest in ongoing professional growth and
Examples of Certificates by Field/Industry
- Science and Healthcare: Biotechnology, Neuropsychology, Public Health Education, Family Nurse Practitioner, Gerontology
- Technology: Statistical Modeling, Data Analytics, Software Development, Computer Science, Information Systems Security Management
- Education: Response to Intervention, Literacy Instruction, Community Education Leadership
- Business: Community and Economic Development, Business Essentials
information on certificates, please view the Graduate or
Undergraduate Catalog or visit the respective academic college(s).