Ball State University is launching a new program this year that will help you stand out to employers.
What is it?
Employers tell us there are workplace skills that are necessary in today’s job market. As part of your educational experience, the INdorsed program provides a structure to help you develop relevant skills that should make you more competitive.
The INdorsed Career Ready Graduate program is a statewide standard used by colleges and universities to certify students’ preparation for professional work in designated competencies.
As a student, what is in it for me?
- Inclusion in a searchable database for employers who will be seeking INdorsed program graduates
- Understanding of how to build your résumé with valuable experiences
- Identification of strengths and enhanced marketable skills
- Ability to stand out to employers who are seeking talent
How does it work?
INdorsed leads you step-by-step through the career preparation process during your college years.
In order to stand out better to employers, you will
- receive mentoring from career services professionals;
- understand your personality type and career direction better through assessments;
- develop a polished “elevator pitch” to articulate your skills and experience;
- summarize your college experiences on a résumé, in a cover letter, and during interviews;
- prepare for your future through a variety of career workshops; and
- utilize opportunities for involvement on and off campus to gain experience.
Requirements are listed in this document.
Who can participate?
Any Ball State University undergraduate or graduate student who wants to advance his or her career possibilities can enroll. You are likely already completing many of the requirements—why not take part?
How do I enroll?
Schedule an appointment with your Career Coach through Cardinal Career Link.