Graduate Assistants are vital to the Ball State community and play important roles across campus. The positions can provide valuable experience that will prepare students for full-time employment upon graduation. If you are searching for supplemental aid during your graduate studies or for ways to improve your skill set, graduate assistantships can be a great opportunity to undertake. Below are available Graduate Assistant positions available. If you would like more information about Graduate Assistantships, please visit Ball State’s Graduate School section.
Qualifications necessarty for a Graduate Assistantship include:
- Admission into a graduate program
- Master's level students must have completed the bachelor's degree before the beginning of the semester or term in which the graduate assistantship begins.
- Doctoral level students must have completed the master's degree, where appropriate, before the beginning of the semester or term in which the doctoral assistantship begins.
- Official transcripts must be on file.
- Master's degree students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or 3.0 in latter half of previous degree to begin the assistantship.
- Doctoral degree students must have a minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA.
- Must have regular admission status, not conditional or probationary.
Currently Available Graduate Assistant Opportunities:
Graduate Assistant - Criminal Justice and Criminology
Graduate Assistant - Sponsored Programs Office: Web Maintenance and Information Assistant
Graduate Assistant - Technical Support Specialist