Students working with minors, particularly those under 18
years of age and non-high school graduates, are required to complete a
background investigation release form.
Ball State University and our service provider, Reference Services, Inc. (RSI) have established a new procedure for conducting background investigations for our employees. This four-step process will help to reduce errors in reporting and provide complete, thorough results to inquiries.
1) Employers notify the Student Employment Coordinator, via e-mail, of students requiring
background investigations due to the nature of their student employment assignments.
E-mail should include:
- Student Name
- Student I.D. Number
- Student BSU e-mail address
This information can be found on the student's referral slip.
2) This information will be forwarded to our vendor (RSI) which will provide the student, in an
e-mail, of a Website, Logon ID and Password that they may use to input their own information. The e-mail to the students will be from Reference Services, Inc. Students should not discard this e-mail!
3) RSI will perform the background investigation and send notice to the Student Employment
4) Employer will receive the results of the background investigation from the Student Employment
Coordinator, much as before.