Ball State’s Charlie Cardinal wants to reward your students for reading!
When your elementary school joins Charlie’s Reading Challenge, your students can earn a voucher for two free tickets to a Ball State athletics event!
- Elementary schools are eligible to participate.
- The 2017 fall challenge will take place between September 5– October 3.
- Each elementary school will kick off the challenge by holding a reading party on September 5.
- Each student will be asked to read 4 books at their reading level (each school will decide on appropriate reading selections) and complete an assignment corresponding to the readings by October 3.
- Progress will be tracked in each classroom using posters provided by Ball State Athletics. Participating schools also will receive a Charlie’s Reading Challenge banner.
- On October 3, the designated school representative will tally the number of students who have successfully completed the challenge and send the number to Ball State Athletics.
- Ball State Athletics will send ticket vouchers for a fall game to the school representative to distribute to students/families.
Want to learn more? An information meeting will be held at the Ball State Alumni Center on August 15 from 3:30-4:30 pm. Sign-up to attend.
Contact Suzie Jones, Project Coordinator, Office of Community Engagement, at 765-285-2772 or by email.
Click here to complete the registration form for your school to participate in Charlie’s Reading Challenge by August 25, 2017.