We add workshops throughout the semester as they are scheduled. If you have any questions, please contact us by email or call 285-1763.
Blackboard training is offered through the Integrated Learning Institute (iLearn).
5th Annual i>clicker Boot Camp
May 6-8, 2014
9 am – 12 noon, TC 414
Facilitator: Angela Nickoli (Criminal Justice and Criminology)
This three day, intensive hands-on workshop is geared toward preparing you to integrate i>clicker into your fall classes. In addition to exploring your current pedagogical techniques, we will help you explore other ways to expand your teaching tool box and increase student interaction and retention in your courses.
Topics will include:
• Developing questions for small and large classes
• Re-tooling lectures for the first few weeks of classes
• Increasing communication and dialogue in your courses
• Developing techniques for a smooth first week
• Modifying your syllabus
Tuesday, May 6, 2014 i>clicker Hardware and Software
• i>clicker hardware and software setup for your courses
• Using i>clicker with Web Gradebook
• Using i>clicker with Blackboard
• Examining lecture style
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 Course analysis—Where can i>clicker fit in?
• Analysis of in-class/out of class assessments
• Analysis of examinations/quizzes
• Retooling lectures
• Development of in-class exercises and questions
• Development of presentation techniques/student preparation
Thursday, May 8, 2014 i>clicker Integration & the Final Touches
• Syllabus development
• Early student outreach
• Presentation/sharing of question bank
Register Now If you are new to i>clicker and need to request an instructor kit (base station and software), please indicate that in the comment box when you register for the workshop.
This workshop is designed for those faculty members who are planning to use i>clicker beginning fall 2014. If you are unfamiliar with clickers and want to learn more about this technology before you commit to this workshop, please visit the Office of Educational Excellence i>clicker web page for an overview, and/or Angela Nickoli, our i>clicker Support Fellow, for more information.
Participants should bring their laptops to each session.
Questions? Contact OEE at 285-1763 or by email.