About the Scholarship
Each year, the Parents Advisory Council awards scholarships to recognize students for past leadership contributions and future potential as a leader. The Office of Student Life sends postcards inviting incoming first-year students to apply.
Eligible students must have at least a 3.0 grade point average and may not be a recipient of a Presidential, Whitinger, or Emens scholarship.
committee will select students to participate in a phone interview by late
April and the scholarship recipients will be selected by late May. Each one-time award is for $1,500 and is distributed at $750 per semester.
Recipients of the scholarship must participate in and assist with the first year of the Excellence in Leadership (EIL) program. Specifically, scholarship winners will be required to:
- Assist with fall recruitment (late August - late September)
- Attend weekly workshops, held on Monday nights from 7pm - 9pm (September - April)
- Attend keynote speakers
- Attend the Fall Retreat (held on a Saturday during the fall semester)
- Attend the Spring Leadership Conference (held on a Saturday during the spring semester)
- Complete all required assignments and projects
- Assist with spring recruitment (early March - early April)
- Assist with promoting EIL programs and events
Find out more details about the Excellence in Leadership program here.
Eligible students will begin receiving postcards in late February. All applications must be submitted online.
Feel free to contact the Office of Student Life with any questions or concerns.